Deadline Oct. 5th: FIRST SCENE (first 10pgs) SCREENPLAY FESTIVAL Get it performed at the festival. Full feedback
Watch the First Scene Reading of THE DARKNESS OF THE MOOR:
It’s about a guy who can’t tell if the devil’s taken his daughter or if he’s relapsing back into mental health problems
NARRATOR – Judy Thrush
HEATHER – Aidan Black Allen
OLIVER – David Poon
LYNTHER – Gene Abella
STEVE – Clinton Pontes
ANNE-MARIE – Anjelica Alejandro
OPERATOR – Victoria Kucher
Read interview with writer James Everett:
1. Why should your script be made into a film?
It’s an exciting story that takes you to another world. It’s what film / TV should do I think.
2. How long have you been writing screenplays?
3. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Back to the Future.
4. What artists would you love to work with?
Bill Nighy, Alfred Molina, Glenn Close, Maggie Smith, Christopher Lloyd, Imogen Poots, Juliette Binoche, John Malcovich, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Ian McShane, Kayvan Novak, Billy Crystal
5. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
20+ all at various stages
6. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Writing features / my own TV shows
7. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
Get up early. Get it done in first half of day if possible then go back to the real world.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Music, theatre, skateboarding, Lego, stand up comedy, London, New York, Billy Crystal
9. What influenced you to enter script contest?
To have your work brought to life. It’s why you bother in the first place.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Never give up. Always accept you’ll never stop learning.
Deadline October 10th for Family Film and Writing Festival